Remember back in the day, when Mitt Romney was vilified in the press for having the temerity to comment critically on the London Olympics?
“It’s hard to know just how well it will turn out. There are a few things that were disconcerting. The stories about the private security firm not having enough people, the supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials – that obviously is not something which is encouraging.”
Romney also asked if the British people would “come together and celebrate the Olympic moment,” adding “that’s something which we only find out once the Games actually begin.”
That was 5 days ago. And Look!
- Olympic organizers are having to create schemes to ensure that butts are in seats after the embarrassment of having empty venues in every event.
- Security and logistics are so screwed up that parents of athletes were turned away from the aquatic center.
- A Muslim security guard attacked a British Soldier, spat at him and called him “Baby killer” before being escorted off the venue.
- Coverage is so bad twitter users have been suspended by twitter in collusion with NBC.
- Suddenly, Olympic Officials are asking Twitter and social network users to “go easy” on texts and tweets. They claim it is to lessen impact on networks. But that angle is acknowledgement that the Men’s Road Cycling race encountered significant technical glitches that impacted the coverage, which, Reuters explained, lacked “details on how far back the chasing pack was from the leaders [while] commentators were unable to get timing information due to issues surrounding the communications network of the GPS satellite navigation system.”
- And the games have turned London into a Ghost Town
Hell, even I, a dumb squirrel, posted back on July 17th about problems with the London Olympic preparations in a post titled, “Hapless Brits See London in Chaos as Olympics Near.”
But, yea, that looney Romney guy! Did you hear he’s Mormon? And rich? He put a dog on his car roof, you know. And, Wimp!!!